Thursday, March 18, 2010

The Car

Today I had a meeting about an hour from my office. Plenty of car time today. Normally in the car, I'm an NPR junkie. I get most of my news from NPR. I love almost all the shows. Some I like so much I can't stand missing them so I get the podcast and listen while doing dishes (yes, I admit my favorite is Marketplace Money with Tess Vigland!)

As part of my giving away 40 things in Lent, I've been wanting to go through my CD collection. I rarely listen to them anymore and I have a box of them waiting to be unpacked from our move two years ago! So I grabbed a few CDs on my way out the door this morning. My hope was that I would find some that didn't work or I didn't like anymore.

I popped in the first CD-Rascal Flatts. I was excited. I sang along with Praying for Daylight and this Everyday Love. Then I noticed I wasn't enjoying the songs as much. I didn't find another one I was in love with until the 11th track which is I'm Moving On.

By this time, I was smiling and singing along. I popped in a random pink CD. No writing. I was guessing it was a masterpiece of odds and ends selected by my sister and I was right. As I was singing along with songs I hadn't heard in awhile, I realized I miss singing. Don't get me wrong, I love NPR. I will continue to listen regularly. And I will sometimes pop in a favorite CD and sing loudly, dance around in my seat (while driving the speed limit, checking my mirrors and obeying all driving rules and regulations!), and enjoy myself while driving.

A bright sunny day and a good CD are all it takes to put me in a good mood when I'm on road to a meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment