Thursday, March 4, 2010

California Dreaming

Well, I'm not sure I'm dreaming of California. I am dreaming of some time away from everyday life. And that happens this Saturday. Rich and I are headed off to Charleston SC for a few days. I've never been and he has only been for a short time. Should be a great time.

This is the time of year when I seem to struggle with creativity and energy and excitement. Maybe because it is Lent. Maybe because winter seems to last just a little too long. I don't know why. I remember when I was in Wisconsin everyone tried to take a trip away in March. It was the time those hearty snow-loving people threw up their hands and said we need to be somewhere without snow. Maybe that has become a part of my thinking.

So I'm excited for this time away. I think we'll be looking to the future and (maybe) deciding where we will be after May 2012. I hope we'll laugh and eat and walk and enjoy the sunshine. I hope it will leave me refreshed for ministry and the rest of Lent!

Update-I've finally selected hotels (We are staying in a variety of places to get a feeling of Charleston) and made reservations! Ready for vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment