Monday, November 1, 2010

The Story of a Life

Growing up I listened to whatever music my parents listened to...I would say this was true for many people.  I still enjoy singing along to Air Supply, but the artist who has stuck with me is Harry Chapin.  He talked about how his songs were too long to be played on the radio and I can see that might be true, but they each are their own story and a real story.


I just heard Story of a Life.  The end of the song goes like this...
Now sometimes words can serve me well
Sometimes words can go to hell
For all that they do.
And for every dream that took me high
There's been a dream that's passed me by.
I know it's so true
And I can see it clear out to the end
And I'll whisper to her now again
Because she shared my life.
For more than all the ghosts of glory
She makes up the story,
She's the only story
Of my life.

This song makes me thankful to the many people who have shared in my life and especially to the one person who promised to share my life.  He stands by me, laughs with me, and makes up the story of my life.  I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment