Tuesday, April 6, 2010

He's Alive!

We have entered the season of Easter. While I will miss the beautiful purple adorning the church, I am happy to be in the season of joy. The world outside is full of life and lots of yellow pollen! Lots of funny and fun things have happened recently that I'd like to share so I remember.

A debate/discussion erupted over whether Jesus might have served chocolate chip cookies at the last supper. My husband believes he did. I cannot agree with him because there was no chocolate in Jesus' area at that time (I learned lots about chocolate in my Mexican foods class while studying in Mexico in college) and cc cookies have leavening in them which is not kosher for passover! So while my husband holds onto his belief that Jesus served chocolate chip cookies and milk as the first communion, I refused to teach this to the children on Sunday morning!

On Sunday morning while telling the story of Holy Week to the children, one young girl summed up Easter's joy by saying, Yeah! Jesus is back. It makes me smile to think about this phrase. What a perfect way to celebrate the wonder that is Easter.

Since it is the Easter season and Jesus is alive, I'm going to make an extra effort to see where he is working in my life and in the lives of those I meet. Allelulia!

No comments:

Post a Comment