Thursday, June 11, 2009

Don't Stop Believing

So this song keeps coming up lately. Last weekend I was waiting for food at the end of the Tour de Cure bike ride (way to go my fabulous husband on your ride) and this song started playing. A man comes to the table with his plate of food and starts rocking out. He was singing while eating pasta. No microphone needed this man will sing to his noodles.
Later that evening, I log onto facebook where one of the youth from my church has the lyrics of this song as her status.
I heard it on the radio today too. Craziness.

So what's been going on with me lately you may wonder? I'll assume you are wondering. Well, it feels like summer. Rich and I are taking a break from the routine of life to enjoy the beauty of the mountains of western NC. So far, I'm enjoying the time away. It's good to spend time with him and just hang out. Tonight we watched Wall-E. Who knew this was such a romantic movie? I enjoyed it. Hopefully people will stop being so trashy. Also, I just finished reading the book the Reluctant Fundamentalist. I have to sat the ending was confusing. I'm looking forward to seeing what the book group ladies have to say about it on Tuesday.

My garden has veggies growing in it. I haven't eaten anything yet but hopefully by the end of the month I'll be able to enjoy the fruits of my labor. The weeds are so bad this year. My crazy creeping grass keeps creeping where I don't want it to and not where I do. We have areas of the yard that need grass and it insists on growing in flower beds and the garden. Go away grass.

So now I'm going to start reading a new book and continue to enjoy my mini-vacation!

1 comment: